Following is the list of courses offered within the program of the Information Security Master Specialization Track. You are free to create your own selection of courses following the scheme below. In this case, we advise you to consult with one of the program mentors of the Information Security Master Specialization Track:
- If you have an interest in Cryptography,
please contact Prof. Ueli Maurer
- If you have an interest in Formal and Theoretic Aspects of Security or Security Engineering,
please contact Prof. David Basin
- If you have an interest in System Security,
please contact Prof. Srdjan Capkun
- If you have an interest in Network Security,
please contact Prof. Adrian Perrig
Recommendation (applicable to ETH Bachelor students in Computer Science only)
Passed in spring semester: 251-0404-00 Information Security
All other students should have a solid knowledge of the material from this course.
Courses offered in the program of the Information Security Master Specialization Track
The following course structure and granted credit points are valid as of autumn semester 2009 (regulations 2009).
Core Focus Courses (two out of four are required)
The students are required to take at least two out of four focus courses of the security master specialization track.
- Network Security (227-0577-00) - 6 ECTS
- System Security (252-1414-00) - 5 ECTS
- Security Engineering (252-0463-00L) - 5 ECTS
- Cryptography Foundations (252-0407-00) - 7 ECTS
Elective Focus Courses
This list shows security-related elective focus courses offered within our program. The students are expected to collect 26 ECTS in the information security specialization track (core focus courses, elective focus courses, and seminar in focus). For further information visit the department's page.
- Applied Security Laboratory (252-0811-00) - 8 ECTS
- Security of Wireless Networks (252-1411-00) - 5 ECTS
- Seminar: Current Topics in Information Security (252-4601-00) - 2 ECTS
- Laborarory: Computer-Aided Modelling and Reasoning (263-4630-00) - 6 ECTS
- Cryptographic Protocols (252-0408-00) - 5 ECTS
- Formal Methods for Information Security (263-4600-00) - 4 ECTS
- Seminar: Quantum Information and Cryptography (252-4800-00) - 2 ECTS
- Seminar on Cryptography (252-0932-00) - 2 ECTS
In the Master programme max. 10 credits can be accounted by labs on top of the inter focus courses. Additional labs will be listed on the addendum.